Professor Thomas Gaskell Tutin (1908-1987)

This topic is classified in rooms: Pessoas | Famílias | Regiões

Professor Thomas Gaskell Tutin (1908-1987)

#124364 | JoséSerafim | 05 ago 2006 21:42

Encontrei um texto na Net, acerca do Professor Thomas Gaskell Tutin (1908-1987), com evidente interesse genealógico, que passo a transcrever:

"From: "Richard Thomson" < >
Subject: Professor Thomas Gaskell Tutin
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:17:04 -0000

Does anyone have a connection to Thomas Gaskell Tutin 1908-1987 ? I went to the library yesterday to look somebody up in the new edition of The Dictionary of National Biography, and while I was there I thought I would see if Dame Dorothy Tutin was listed. She wasn't (perhaps actresses aren't eminent enough for inclusion even when given a Damehood), but I found a page about Thomas Gaskell Tutin, who was Professor of Botany at Leicester University, and joint author of "Flora of the British Isles", and other books. The entry said he was born 21 April 1908 in Kew, Surrey, only son and elder child of Frank Tutin, biochemist, and his wife Jane Ardern. He was educated at Cotham Grammar School, Bristol, and Downing College, Cambridge. In 1942 he married a palaeoecologist, Winifred Anne Pennington (daughter of Albert Roger pennington, Post Office Supervisor). They had a son and 3 daughters. He died in Leicester on 7 Oct 1987.

The 1901 census has a Frank Tutin age 21 who might be the Professor's father. He was living at 12 St Ann's Well Roiad, Nottingham with his widowed mother Emma Tutin and a brother William & sister Florence.

Richard"

Respuesta

Enlace directo:

Forum messages ordered by date
El tiempo se muestra en GMT. Hora actual: 29 may 2024, 03:16.

Enviar un nuevo mensaje

Por favor, hag login o registrese.

Settings / Definiciones / Definições / Définitions / Definizioni / Definitionen