Pereira Dias family from Portugal

Este tópico está classificado nas salas: Famílias | Pessoas | Formação

Pereira Dias family from Portugal

#117440 | barbdias46 | 26 abr 2006 20:57

I am sorry, but I cannot speak or write portuguese, although I am of Portuguese descent. I am searching for any information I can obtain regarding a family with the last name of Pereira Dias. My great grandfather was Jose Pereira Dias, born circa 1865? +/- 5 years. We do not know from where in portugal he came from. My great grandfather had a son named Bernardino Pereira Dias, who we have found buried in Wales, UK. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how or where to start looking for any records for these two people. I apologize for such little information , but we are limited to what we have on them.
Thank you
Barbara Dias
Canada

Resposta

Link directo:

RE: Pereira Dias family from Portugal

#117487 | spes | 27 abr 2006 17:42 | Em resposta a: #117440

Please write the name José Pereira Dias at the top of the page. There are two José Pereira Dias, one of which was born more or less on the date you referred

best regards
FF

Resposta

Link directo:

Pereira Dias 'families' from Portugal

#117534 | victorferreira | 28 abr 2006 09:48 | Em resposta a: #117440

It is essential that you find some indication on origin of your ancestor: the conjugation of ‘Pereira’ and ‘Dias’ is sufficiently common to find dozens of people, just one your relative, the others with no relation with you whatsoever (or even between them). What will be your criterium to screen them?
Try to find something: registers on some consulate, embassy, some port registry, boat he took to go to the UK, some relation to a Company/Business/Enterprise he worked for, associations, banks, parishes, old letters, old postal envelopes, old pictures, with dedications, references to places in Portugal, old family stories, property titles, and so on, may be not exactly from him but from his wife, his sons/daughters. Talk about that with your elders.
Without some indication on place of origin it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack, wearing boxing gloves, with blindfold eyes.
Although these difficulties are real, some fellows started here with more or less the same but successfully found their way.
Best regards. VF

Resposta

Link directo:

RE: Pereira Dias family from Portugal

#117551 | barbdias46 | 28 abr 2006 16:16 | Em resposta a: #117440

Dear Victor and FF

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately we have very little information on Jose Pereira Dias, other than he was from Portugal and was a carpenter when he was in the UK. We know he had a son Bernardino Pereira Dias, born 1893. I realize that there are literally hundreds if not thousands of Pereira Dias families, as I've discovered in my search. We have hired a researcher in Herefordshire UK, to see if she can locate a burial site, as we were told he lived in that area when he died. We located the grave of our grandfather, Bernardino, as I mentioned in my first post, but unfortunately none of his living relatives have any important information for us to carry on our search with. We did get a clue, that they may have come from Valenca, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Thank you again, it is very much appreciated
Barbara Dias

Resposta

Link directo:

Mensagens ordenadas por data.
A hora apresentada corresponde ao fuso GMT. Hora actual: 21 mai 2024, 08:32

Enviar nova mensagem

Por favor, faça login ou registe-se para usar esta funcionalidade

Settings / Definiciones / Definições / Définitions / Definizioni / Definitionen