Ajuda , Brazão

Este tópico está classificado nas salas: Heráldica

Ajuda , Brazão

#269353 | Menarue | 27 jan 2011 07:42

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/menarue/cake/coat%20of%20arms/Digitalizar0004-5.jpg

This coat of arms is on the front of a house, now owned presumably by a distant relative, and is now being restored.
It was built in XVII century in the district of Armamar, and the quarters are "Figueira de Azevedo de S,João de Reis, Cardoso and Mendonça of the Alcaides-mor de Mourão, all these families fit in with the famiy tree but my doubt is the "coroa" is it that of a Marquess?
Does anyone know where I can find out to whom these arms were issued in the first place?
Menarue

Resposta

Link directo:

RE: Ajuda , Brazão

#269355 | CAAM | 27 jan 2011 09:09 | Em resposta a: #269353

Hello,

In that period, from which this device is a fine sample, an heraldic emblem was widespread among armigers of high nobiliary or wealthy status without a tittle: the "coronet of nobility" (coronel de nobreza). Often it's quite similar to the Marquess coronet.

Best regards,

Carlos Miranda

Resposta

Link directo:

#269356 | Menarue | 27 jan 2011 09:17 | Em resposta a: #269355

Thank you very much. That is very helpful.
Menarue

Resposta

Link directo:

#269389 | vbriteiros | 28 jan 2011 00:36 | Em resposta a: #269353

A 1ª Carta de Brasão para "Figueiras de Azevedo" foi feita em 7.III.1590 a Francisco Figueira de Azevedo e vem descrita sob o nº 364 da obra de Nuno Borrego , Cartas de Brasão de Armas - Colectânea ( Guarda-Mór - 2003).
Como a pedra de armas apresenta mais dois apelidos, e julgo ver uma diferença no canto superior esquerdo do primeiro quartel, é provável que tenha sido concedida uma outra carta de brasão, contemplando esses quatro apelidos. Nos arquivos da Casa deve existir informação
Curioso é essa pedra de armas não vir referenciada na obra " Brasões e Casas Brasonadas do Douro " de Correia de Azevedo
Cumprimentos
Vasco Briteiros

Resposta

Link directo:

#269391 | fertelde | 28 jan 2011 03:56 | Em resposta a: #269353

Estimado Menarue:

Não, a coroa não é de Marquês, que levava entre as flores uma estrela. Não tenho neste momento o "Armorial Lusitano" para poder responder correctamente a esta questão, mas, admira que os entendidos nesta matéria não tenham ainda aparecido para ajudá-lo. ( no, it was' t the "coroa" of a Marquess).

"...to whom these arms were issued in the first place?" as armas eram atribuidas a uma pessoa e.... os descendentes poderiam ou não ter direito a elas, mas sempre são pessoais.-

Cumprimentos

Fertelde

Resposta

Link directo:

#269393 | fertelde | 28 jan 2011 04:02 | Em resposta a: #269356

Creio que será coronel de Conde

Resposta

Link directo:

#269398 | Menarue | 28 jan 2011 10:41 | Em resposta a: #269393

First I would like to apologise for writing in English but my written Portuguese is not very good.
The brazão that I showed is on the front of a house now being renovated in a little village, Castelo, near Moimenta da Beira, The original house had a chapel Called "Senhor de Mundo" where many members of the family were buried but it no longer exists. In a book "Historia de Lamego" written by Padre Manuel Gonçalves da Costa, he mentions the house and because of this we went to see it and took the photo. Sr. Padre Manuel da Costa mentions http://www.geneall.net/P/per_page.php?id=185249 as living in the house in 1708.
There were many houses connected to the family and somehow this one was overlooked by my husband´s branch until I found it in the abovementioned book and we went to see.

Resposta

Link directo:

#269411 | fertelde | 28 jan 2011 16:31 | Em resposta a: #269398

I'm so sorry, but my written english is not so good to answer you in a intelegible way... so, I put it in portuguese my interpretation abt the armoried house. Pls, try that your husband translate my answer, has I think he is a portuguese descendant.-
best regards,
Fernando

Resposta

Link directo:

#269412 | Menarue | 28 jan 2011 16:36 | Em resposta a: #269391

Thanks, I have no problem reading or even translating, as long as it is Portuguese in to English. It is just that my writing is not up to the level of my English and that worries me.
Thank you everyone for you help. If you write in Portuguese no problem

Resposta

Link directo:

Mensagens ordenadas por data.
A hora apresentada corresponde ao fuso GMT. Hora actual: 07 mai 2024, 19:14

Enviar nova mensagem

Por favor, faça login ou registe-se para usar esta funcionalidade

Settings / Definiciones / Definições / Définitions / Definizioni / Definitionen