certificado de união para meus avó grande e avô gr

Este tópico está classificado nas salas: Pessoas | Regiões | Arquivos

certificado de união para meus avó grande e avô gr

#121762 | yoshi | 28 jun 2006 04:11

Hello, eu estou tentando encontrar o certificado de união para meus avó grande e avô grande. Eu acredito que se casaram entre os anos de 1915-1917 em Lisboa ou a vizinhança. Onde eu encontraria estes registros? Lá os nomes eram Anthony Francis e Mary Alves. Eu não tenho anos do nascimento para eles ainda. Consideração

Resposta

Link directo:

RE: certificado de união para meus avó grande e avô gr

#121785 | JCC | 28 jun 2006 11:48 | Em resposta a: #121762

Dear Yoshi

If it is easier for you, you may write in English. Most of us would understand.

If I understood your request you want to know how to get the marriage certificate of your great grandfather and great grandmother. You think they married in Lisboa (or around it) it in 1915-17.

If they used that names in the USA (I presume), in Portugal they could use Maria Alves e António Francisco, but that's just a guess.

The problem you have is that in Portugal it is almost mandatory to know the prish (freguesia) in order to find the certificates. Especially in Lisboa where there are about 40 freguesias. If you know where they were born it's quite sure they married there and it would be easier to search.

What does the birth certifcate f your grandfather/mother state about the place of birth?

Please fill free to put hwere all your questions, there will be anyone willing to help.

Regards

João Cordovil Cardoso

Resposta

Link directo:

RE: certificado de união para meus avó grande e avô gr

#121808 | yoshi | 28 jun 2006 18:03 | Em resposta a: #121785

Hello, Thank you for responding. I have my grand mother Rose Francis' marriage certificate she married here in the USA. Her marriage certificate states that her Mother is Mary Alves and her father is Anthony Francis both born Portugal. My grand mother was 20 years old when she married June 12, 1937. I am sure that you are probably correct and the names were as you said. My great Grandfather Anthony Francis died in Portugal when my grandmother was about 3 years old and my great grand mother remarried Antonio Gonsalves in Portugal. They both died in Lisboa. I have know information on them accept that they did live in the USA always returning to Portugal and her daughter born here remained here with her own children. Are there any published cemetaries there in Portugal or on the Internet to find graves of family members? Rose was born in Boston. I believe my my great grandmother died between 1967-1969. Her second husband before her according to family members and my biological grand father died between 1917-1921. I am currently trying to retrieve parish records here, but I don't think that it would offer any links to finding records in Portugal. I have wondered if it is possible that I may find pass port or travel papers there in Portugal first. Please let me know if this could be done and how this would have worked between 1915-1920. Thank You for your help. Joyce

Resposta

Link directo:

Mensagens ordenadas por data.
A hora apresentada corresponde ao fuso GMT. Hora actual: 08 jun 2024, 08:59

Enviar nova mensagem

Por favor, faça login ou registe-se para usar esta funcionalidade

Settings / Definiciones / Definições / Définitions / Definizioni / Definitionen