Francisco Luis Reis, Olhao, Portugal

Este tópico está classificado nas salas: Arquivos | Famílias

Francisco Luis Reis, Olhao, Portugal

#301138 | Maria Ward | 28 mar 2012 20:45

Olá - eu estarei visitando Olhao Portugal em setembro de 2012. Meus avós vieram de Olhão e se estabeleceram em Provincetown, Massachusetts nos EUA por volta de 1915. Estou à procura de informações específicas sobre o meu avô paterno grande, Francisco Luis Reis, Sr. Ele nasceu em Olhão sobre 1871. Casou-se com Martiana da Cruz, em Pechão, Faro, Portugal em 20 de Janeiro de 1892. Martiana morreu cerca de 1899 anos, mesmo meu avô, Francisco Luis Reis, Jr., nasceu. Eles tiveram pelo menos 2 outras filhas. Nomes desconhecidos. Acreditamos Francisco Luis Reis, Sr. morreu em algum momento entre 1940 e 1956, em Olhão. Ele era um pescador.

O que minha família gostaria de saber: a data de Francisco Luis Reis, a morte de Sr. 's e onde ele está enterrado. Também a tentar confirmar a história da família que ele foi preso e morto pelo regime de Salazar para contrabando em seu barco. Achamos que pode haver um registo criminal de uma espécie que existe. Também gostaria de confirmar que Martiana da Cruz é enterrado em Olhão.

Muito obrigado por qualquer ajuda que você pode nos dar.

Maria

Hello - I will be visiting Olhao Portugal in September 2012. My grandparents came from Olhao and settled in Provincetown, Massachusetts in the USA about 1915. I'm looking for specific information regarding my paternal great grandfather, Francisco Luis Reis, Sr. He was born in Olhao about 1871. He married Martiana da Cruz in Pechao, Faro, Portugal on 20 January 1892. Martiana died about 1899, same year my grandfather, Francisco Luis Reis, Jr., was born. They had at least 2 other daughters. Names unknown. We believe Francisco Luis Reis, Sr. died sometime between 1940 and 1956 in Olhao. He was a fisherman.

What my family would like to know: the date of Francisco Luis Reis, Sr.'s death and where he is buried. Also trying to confirm the family story that he was arrested and killed by the Salazar regime for smuggling contraband on his boat. We think there may be a criminal record of some sort that exists. Also would like to confirm that Martiana da Cruz is buried in Olhao.

Thank you so much for any help you can give us.

Maria

Resposta

Link directo:

RE: Francisco Luis Reis, Olhao, Portugal

#301181 | josécyr | 29 mar 2012 10:14 | Em resposta a: #301138

Mixed Book with the marriages of St. Bartholomew Pechão, sheet no. No. 36, registration n.º 3.

January 20, 1892, married:
Francisco dos Reis, single, age 20, born and baptized in Olhão, son of Francisco Luis, born in the parish of San Pedro de Faro and Ana Maria, also born in the parish of San Pedro de Faro, with;
Maritana of Jesus, single, 19 years old, born in the parish of Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Faro, the daughter of Francisco Dias Rato, born in the parish of San Pedro de Faro and living in the Parish of Santa Barbara de Nexe and Maria da Cruz, born in the parish of Santa Maria City of Lagos.
Witnesses were: Amador Cristiano dos Reis, married, businessman, of the town of Olhão and Jose Leonardo Palermo, married, businessman, natural Piares Parish of San Sebastian de Quelfes, of Olhão. Celebrated Father Mariano da Silva Correia.

Mixed BooK, with baptisms of Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Faro, sheet 6, registration no. 15.
Maritana - Born on March 13, 1873, baptized on March 30, 1873, in the Church of Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Faro, daughter of Francisco Dias Rato, proprietário, native of the Parish of Santa Barbara de Nexe (SIC), and Maria da Cruz, native of the Parish of St. Martinho de Estoi (SIC), both married in the Santa Sé of the City of Faro and residents at the sítio da Torre de Natal, in this Parish of Conceição de Faro.
Paternal granddaughter of Francisco Dias Rato and Maria de Jesus and granddaughter(mother side) of José de Sousa and Maria da Cruz.

Resposta

Link directo:

#301285 | Maria Ward | 30 mar 2012 00:55 | Em resposta a: #301181

Caro Jose - Muito obrigado por esta informação. Alguns dos que eu conhecia, mas muito do que é informação nova! É muito emocionante. É possível descobrir quando Francisco Luis Reis, Sr. morreu e onde ele está enterrado? Acreditamos que ele morreu em algum momento entre 1940-1956, em Olhão. Também seria possível descobrir se a história da família é verdade que ele foi preso por contrabando em seu barco e foi morto pelo regime de Salazar por causa disso? Obrigado novamente por sua ajuda. Eu realmente aprecio isso. Maria

Dear Jose - Thank you so much for this information. Some of it I knew but a lot of it is new information! It is very exciting. Is it possible to find out when Francisco Luis Reis, Sr. died and where he is buried? We believe he died sometime between 1940-1956 in Olhao. Also would it be possible to find out if the family story is true that he was arrested for smuggling contraband on his boat and was killed by the Salazar regime because of it? Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it. Maria

Resposta

Link directo:

#301304 | josécyr | 30 mar 2012 09:05 | Em resposta a: #301285

Dear Madam,
I can not give you the information you mentioned.
However, during your visit to Olhão, try to see the old graveyard of Olhão. Surely your ancestor was buried there.
As for the story about smuggling, talk to older people of the City.
A place where you'll find help is the "Municipal Historical Archive - Arquivo Histórico Municipal". It is placed in front of the "City Hall" of Olhão. Talk to Mr. Joseph Cabaço, which certainly will help you in your research. It only opens after 14 h.
Greetings.
Joseph Cabecinha

Resposta

Link directo:

#301356 | Maria Ward | 30 mar 2012 17:11 | Em resposta a: #301304

Olá - muito obrigado pela informação. Nós compramos os nossos bilhetes para Portugal um par de dias atrás e não posso esperar para percorrer o país e também passar 5 dias em Olhão. Nós definitivamente visitar o cemitério local, que eu encontrei em mapas Goggle e também irá visitar o Sr. Joseph Cabaco no Arquivo Histórico Municipal. Você tem sido muito útil e estamos muito gratos pela sua gentileza. Maria

Hello - thank you so much for the info. We bought our tickets for Portugal a couple of days ago and can't wait to tour the country and also spend 5 days in Olhao. We will definitely visit the local cemetery which I found on Goggle maps and will also visit Mr. Joseph Cabaco at the Municipal Historical Archive. You have been very helpful and we are very grateful for your kindness. Maria

Resposta

Link directo:

Mensagens ordenadas por data.
A hora apresentada corresponde ao fuso GMT. Hora actual: 07 mai 2024, 23:56

Enviar nova mensagem

Por favor, faça login ou registe-se para usar esta funcionalidade

Settings / Definiciones / Definições / Définitions / Definizioni / Definitionen