How to post a photograph of a brasao to ask if anyone can identify it.

Este tópico está classificado nas salas: Heráldica

How to post a photograph of a brasao to ask if anyone can identify it.

#322376 | Menarue | 04 fev 2013 07:41

Help please, how can I upload a photograph to ask a question and see if someone can identify a brasao that is on the facade of a house which, until recently belonged to our family for hundreds of years. The house has a chapel with a different coat of arms as well as a name but it also very difficult to identify.
Thanks,
Menarue

Resposta

Link directo:

RE: How to post a photograph of a brasao to ask if anyone can identify it.

#322390 | hpinto | 04 fev 2013 12:22 | Em resposta a: #322376

Hello Menarue.
There is no direct uploading to this site. You can scan the image, put it at any other site and then post here the link. Then, you can get some answers to your questions (I know nothing about coats of arms, but I'ḿ sure that some users of this forum can help you).
Helena

Resposta

Link directo:

#322397 | Menarue | 04 fev 2013 13:15 | Em resposta a: #322390

I have a feeling I have to upload the image to some image sharing site. Any information to which one I should use would be welcome.
Thanks.
Maureen

Resposta

Link directo:

#322398 | HRC1947 | 04 fev 2013 13:18 | Em resposta a: #322390

Menarue;

.... Para se poder enviar fotos via Forum - Geneall, temos que nos
valer de um " Servidor " para " transportar o sinal !! ".
Assim, sugiro que utilize o mesmo servidor [ PHOTOBUCKET ], que está a
suportar a foto Mistério.
Vou aqui deixar o endereço da foto Mistério. [ Pessoa miga que a possa ajudar,
vizinho etc.] abre o link, e tem logo incorporado por trás da foto Mistério o "Servidor",
que se pode ver ." PHOTOBUCKET... " só que a manobra terá de ser feita por alguém
que saiba.

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/LuisLeote/?action=view¤t=Antiga1.jpg
----
http://www.geneall.net/P/forum_msg.php?id=313663
--
Ana Simões

Resposta

Link directo:

#322410 | HRC1947 | 04 fev 2013 16:52 | Em resposta a: #322398

-
-
Menarue;

" identificar uma Brasão que está na fachada de uma casa que até recentemente pertenceu à nossa família por centenas de anos. A casa tem uma Capela ".

Menaure; repare se essa Casa com Brasão consta em algum link da net, então poderá copiar o endereço
electrónico desse link, e colocá-lo directamente neste tópico, ficando assim o seu assunto mais fácil de identificar.
Os m/ cumprimentos
Ana

Resposta

Link directo:

#322419 | Menarue | 04 fev 2013 20:30 | Em resposta a: #322410

I think that I can do this. This is the brazao (I hope) the house has been part of a morgado that my husband's family had but the arms seem to be Amaral, there is a marriage some hundreds of years ago with a lady with the name Amaral but the divider and the little stars or flowers I have never seen before. I hope that someone knowledgeable in heraldry can help.

[IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/menarue/familypictures16-10-200815-05-431172x786.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks again Ana.

Resposta

Link directo:

#322434 | HRC1947 | 05 fev 2013 00:30 | Em resposta a: #322419

Menarue;
Veja estes Brasões, parece haver uma pequena semelhança!.
Cumprimentos
Ana
http://www.orkut.com/Main#CommMsgs?tid=10527989&cmm=1826773&hl=pt-BR
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cjJLBDRnX-w/T_DcEFJwI8I/AAAAAAAADCY/Dd5DwD-qA_M/s1600/bras%C3%A3o.JPG
--

Resposta

Link directo:

#322435 | RCCORREIA | 05 fev 2013 00:55 | Em resposta a: #322419

Dear Meanrue

At first sight I would say they were the arms of a lady Abbess of Amaral family. The middle element may be of religious origin.

Regards
Rui

Resposta

Link directo:

#322437 | Menarue | 05 fev 2013 07:03 | Em resposta a: #322435

This is all very interesting and now that I have learnt how to post a link I will show you brasao at the entrance of the chapel which until the church took possession of private chapels which opened on to a church, belonged to the house.. The chapel is dedicated to St.Anne and the old house with the "unusual" brasao is/was called the house of St.Ana with a statue of St.Ana in the garden entrance. Although it is written clearly why the chapel was built and who is buried there I have not been able to find out anything specific.

[IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/menarue/cake/coat%20of%20arms/Brazao/P1010293-1.jpg[/IMG]

I am very grateful for all answers as, although I like mysteries, I like them much better when I get an answer.

Thanks,
Maureen

Resposta

Link directo:

#322440 | RCCORREIA | 05 fev 2013 09:28 | Em resposta a: #322437

This photo says

"This chapel was build by order of Licenciado Sebastião da Costa do Amaral to be the grave of his aunt D. Luiza do Amaral daughter of Doctor Francisco do Amaral from His Magesty Council 9 of June 1633"

The stone with the coat of arms looks to represent Lemos (1-4) and Amaral (2-3)

Rui

Resposta

Link directo:

#322467 | Menarue | 05 fev 2013 18:06 | Em resposta a: #322440

That is interesting, I have found a Lemos who married into the family but no family tree for her and she had a mother with the name Costa, so that is part of the mystery solved. What does His Majesty's Council mean, Conselho do Estado, and which King would that be? I always thought that it was ilegal back then to have a "brasao" if the person had no right to it, the house ended up together with another property in a morgado which was linked to the Balsemao side of the family.
There is no sign of the aunt D.Luiza but the priest told me she is probably under the floor and there is now a wooden floor There are some beautiful figures of Saint Anne and other saints but when we went there last year they had been newly gilded and were, to my taste, too shiny gold. I believe the parish church itself was burnt during one of the French invasions but the chapel survived and Mass was said at that altar for some time until the church was restored. The figure (before it was restored) was still black from the smoke of the fire.
I am very grateful for your help.
Maureen

Resposta

Link directo:

#322471 | HRC1947 | 05 fev 2013 19:34 | Em resposta a: #322467

Maureen;

[Granjal ]

"A Igreja Matriz foi construída no séc. XVI e é dedicada a Nª Srª das Neves, conhecida antigamente como Senhora do Hospital, expressão pela qual era conhecida a Ordem de Malta. Um marco colocado na entrada da porta do adro assinala que a Comendade Malta foi fundadora da povoação de Granjal, construiu a Igreja e lançou as bases para o crescimento e desenvolvimento da Freguesia. O interior da Igreja foi vítima de incêndio no Séc.XIX, julga-se que por acção das invasões Francesas. Para além da capela abobadada de Santa Ana, de cúpula elevada, do gosto da renascensa, mandada edificar pelo licenciado Sebastião da Costa Amaral
em 1633 para sepultura de uma tia, dentro do Templo existe ainda a Capela do Espírito Santo, fundada por João Manuel, da casa do Vilaroco."
http://www.cm-sernancelhe.pt/images/stories/patrimonio/Igrejas/Granjal.jpg
A:- [ Ctrl + ]
Origem ;Wikipédia
Cumprimentos
Ana

Resposta

Link directo:

#322474 | HRC1947 | 05 fev 2013 20:25 | Em resposta a: #322471

-
http://granjal.web44.net/images/image23_big.jpg
-
Ana

Resposta

Link directo:

#322476 | Menarue | 05 fev 2013 20:29 | Em resposta a: #322471

Exactly Ana, that is the chapel. When my husband's grandmother was alive she had the key to iron gates that opened onto this side chapel but after her death these disappeared.
My husband has pointed out something that I hadn't noticed, the arms on the house have the crescent moons in the wrong position for Amaral whereas in the chapel they are definitely Amaral.
Maureen

Resposta

Link directo:

#322477 | HRC1947 | 05 fev 2013 20:33 | Em resposta a: #322476

Manureen;

.... What is this?

http://granjal.web44.net/patrimonio.html
--
Ana

Resposta

Link directo:

#322479 | Menarue | 05 fev 2013 20:55 | Em resposta a: #322477

In the first picture is the main house and the part to the left is the chapel. There is a graveyard next to it the same side only one member of the family is buried there. Next photo is inside the family chapel (that was) and I see it was before it was gilded. There is a picture of the front of the old house too. My husband can't remember whose house the Casa do Povo was but the other chapel with the cross belonged (perhaps it still does) to some close family friends and said to be cousins, it is the chapel of S.Miguel. This series of photographs is very interesting and I must get my husband to study it more closely. He was born in Granjal but they moved to Lamego when he was quite young and after his grandparents died the two houses they had there were left vacant. The house in Granjal was lived in by his great-grandparents because the large house they moved to when they were first married in Santa Leocadia Tabuaco, was burnt down when his Uncle was playing with matches as a child. That was the same uncle who lost the family ring out of the train window when he was studying in Coimbra.
Thank you once again for all these interesting pieces of information (interesting for me that is).
Maureen

Resposta

Link directo:

#322483 | HRC1947 | 05 fev 2013 21:51 | Em resposta a: #322479

Maureen;
OK.
Thanks.
Ana Simões

Resposta

Link directo:

#322490 | RCCORREIA | 05 fev 2013 23:31 | Em resposta a: #322467

At 1633 the king would be Philip IV of Spain and Portugal.
And yes HMCouncil was Conselho de Estado.

Rui

Resposta

Link directo:

#322506 | Menarue | 06 fev 2013 07:00 | Em resposta a: #322490

Thanks Rui, so it was during the Spanish rule....

Resposta

Link directo:

#322537 | HRC1947 | 06 fev 2013 15:43 | Em resposta a: #322506

Menarue;
...A wonder!
http://concelho-sernancelhe.planetaclix.pt/ENCONTRO-com-o-PASSADO-INDEX.htm
Ana

Resposta

Link directo:

#322538 | Menarue | 06 fev 2013 15:52 | Em resposta a: #322537

It is not far from the lovely little castle of Penedono too. Lapa is a favourite place too, the old Jesuit College is there where my husband's maternal and paternal grandfathers studied and their colleague was Aquilino Ribeiro.
The beautiful solar of Adbarros has recently been bought and is being restored, I am hoping it will be beautiful when it is finished as it is beautiful now, even though it is neglected.
You are a wonder Ana, finding so much information.
Maureen

Resposta

Link directo:

#322542 | HRC1947 | 06 fev 2013 17:26 | Em resposta a: #322538

Maureen;
Escritor Aquilino Ribeiro:
Em 1906 adere à Carbonária, é preso em virtude de uma
violenta explosão verificada no quarto onde estava hospedado,
Rua do Carrião-Lisboa [ preparativos que acabaram no Regicídio;]
[Alfredo Costa e Manuel Buiça....], entretanto acabou por fugir para
Paris.
Nasceu em 1885, natural de Carregal de Tabosa - Concelho Sernancelhe.
http://escola-freixinho.planetaclix.pt/aquilino_ribeiro.htm
Cumprimentos
Ana

Resposta

Link directo:

#322543 | Menarue | 06 fev 2013 18:00 | Em resposta a: #322542

I have a photograph of him and the two grandparents in a class reunion somewhere (LOL) somewhere translated means I have no idea at the moment.

Resposta

Link directo:

#322810 | FLV | 10 fev 2013 18:22 | Em resposta a: #322440

Teres is a famíly that still uses the coat of arms and the names Lemos and Amaral, from Viseu (Quinta da Cruz, Casa da Calçada), Vila Real ( Casa de Urros), Farejinhas....

Resposta

Link directo:

Mensagens ordenadas por data.
A hora apresentada corresponde ao fuso GMT. Hora actual: 13 mai 2024, 19:17

Enviar nova mensagem

Por favor, faça login ou registe-se para usar esta funcionalidade

Settings / Definiciones / Definições / Définitions / Definizioni / Definitionen