Pinto Family from Poiares, Peso da Regua

Este tópico está classificado nas salas: Cargos | Famílias | Pessoas | Títulos

#423229 | aldanopg | 15 abr 2020 06:14

Hello, I am looking for any help regarding my grandparents on my father’s side; apparently there area lot of discrepancies/confusion that I was told.

My father was Manuel Vieira Pinto born 1911-do know there was a sister Celeste, there was maybe 2 brothers.

I left Portugal in 1959 at the age of 14 months and never returned-I am now 62 ad would like to return for at least 3wk visit and go to my fathers town. He might also have relatives in Canelas; apparently 1st married to a woman from that town but died at early age?

Thank you for any help; greatly appreciated. Obrigado

Resposta

Link directo:

#423282 | gwencalon | 16 abr 2020 10:05 | Em resposta a: #423229

Do you know your father's birthdate?

And what information do you have about your grandparents so far?

Resposta

Link directo:

#423284 | aldanopg | 16 abr 2020 12:07 | Em resposta a: #423282

Hello, dob for my father was 1911 September.

Resposta

Link directo:

#423286 | aldanopg | 16 abr 2020 12:10 | Em resposta a: #423282

Hello. I do not know anything about my grandparents. I think my gf’s first name was Leandro? Thank you

Resposta

Link directo:

#423328 | gwencalon | 16 abr 2020 21:02 | Em resposta a: #423229

Till 1911, birth/baptism, marriage and death were registered in the church records, most of which can be found online. For Poiares, Peso da Regua, I see the last birth record available online is 1911-03-31. So unfortunately your father's is not available (I assume this is his birthplace, as it's what you mention in the topic - this is important, as records are organised by parish and year).

In my opinion, the best starting option for you is to request your own birth record. There, besides your parents' info, you'll have your grandparents' names. From there, you could request your father's birth certificate, which would in principle include your grandparent's place of birth, and residence and age at the time of his birth, and the name of your great grandparents. You can then proceed with your search through the online church records.

You can request these birth certificates in person when you come fo Portugal. If you ask for a plain uncertified copy, it costs you essentially nothing. Or you can also request them online, costing about 10 euros each (if I remember correctly).

Resposta

Link directo:

#423329 | aldanopg | 16 abr 2020 21:26 | Em resposta a: #423328

Thank you for all info; who do I contact to get my both certificate; my fathers-yes born in Poiares; I would like to have this info bf I go to Portugal. Thank you again & stay well.

Resposta

Link directo:

#423331 | gwencalon | 16 abr 2020 21:56 | Em resposta a: #423329

Just sent you through private message.
Good luck!

Resposta

Link directo:

#423332 | aldanopg | 16 abr 2020 21:58 | Em resposta a: #423331

THANK YOU!

Resposta